Thursday, July 26, 2012

Siri - My Personal Assistant reminds me of everything

Siri (Voice activated Personal Assistant) is a wonderful feature in iPhone 4S. You can talk to Siri as if conversing with your friend. Let us see how to make our friend Siri to remind us our stuffs.

How to launch Siri?
  • Press and hold the Home button
                                 or
  • Take iPhone to your ear and look back into Home Screen
Siri will be launched. Wait for Siri to beep and you can start talking to her.

How to set reminders with Siri?

Exemplar:

Talking to Siri "Set a reminder to take tablets everyday 1 PM"

Say "Yes" to her to confirm


Siri has set reminder successfully and she will never forget to remind us.

Siri reminds using GPS:
  •  You can tell Siri to remind something when you leave some place. Say "Remind me to take Umbrella when I leave here".
  • You can tell Siri to remind something when you arrive some place. Say "Remind me to talk to John when I go to Office" (Office address should be added in Contact Information).
Certain Reminders:
  •   Remember to start cooking at 8 PM.
  •   Remind me to buy milk at 5PM tomorrow.
  •   Remind me to buy bread every 5 days.
  •   Remind me to finish this article by 6 PM. 
  •   Remind me to attend meeting every Monday (everyday, every week, every two weeks, once a month, once a year). 
Note:
You can check back your reminders by asking Siri - Reminders for today/Reminders for July 28/Reminders for next month etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment